Discover the Advantages of Timber Benchtops for Your Home
Many homeowners choose timber benchtops because they love the way they look. There are dozens of varieties of timber available in Australia, which means that everyone can find a colour and style to suit their tastes and their existing décor. This material can outlast many others, as well. If you’re trying to choose benchtops for your kitchen, read on for more information.
Benefits of Timber Kitchen BenchtopsAny time you build or upgrade a kitchen, bathroom, or office, your benchtops are one of the major decisions that you’ll have to make. You have a wide selection of materials to choose from, so how do you choose the best one for you? If you love a naturally warm, rustic look, then timber might be the ideal choice. Here are some of its benefits.
- Appearance. Lots of people choose timber furniture in the Central Coast, including benchtops, simply because it looks great. This material has a natural look in a wide variety of styles and colours. Its beauty and charisma will add a warm touch to any space.
- Durability. Another important advantage of timber is its durability. Your timber benchtops will last as long as or longer than almost any other material. Even though it is “softer” than materials such as granite or steel, it’s easy to sand and refinishes back to like-new condition.
- An eco-friendly choice. Timber has a much smaller carbon footprint than most other benchtop materials. It also will not release any toxic gases, and will not harm you, your family or pets, or the environment. It’s also recyclable and can be re-purposed for environmentally responsible benchtops.
Tips Regarding Your Custom Timber FurnitureTaking care of your timber benchtops is easy. All it takes are a few simple steps.
- Clean up spills immediately. The most important thing that you can do to maximise the life of your benchtops is to clean spills right away. As soon as you see that something has spilled onto the surface of your timber, simply wipe it away with a damp cloth followed by a dry cloth.
- Disinfect after exposure to raw meat. Keep a spray bottle filled with a weak White vinegar and water solution handy so that you can sanitise your benchtops after they have been exposed to raw meat. Spray the surface with the vinegar solution and wipe clean with a sponge.
- Sand your benchtops to remove most stains, scratches, and burn marks. To remove stubborn marks from your timber, sand the area with sandpaper until the surface is smooth. Once the stain or spot is removed, apply a quality sealant or oil to protect the surface.
About monro designed Furniture
If you’re in the market for timber benchtops or other bespoke furniture, monro designed Furniture can help. We offer custom-built furniture for your kitchen, bedroom, living room, office, and more. We’ll design and build something just for you according to your specifications and tailored to your individual needs and preferences. Don’t settle for less – let us create the timeless pieces for you that you want in your home. Contact us today to learn more.